Good evening beloved of the Lord. There are some that have been upset about my latest blog, regarding the deception that is in the group that I was involved in ministering to for a number of years. I believe whole heartedly, as a servant of the Lord and a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ it is not only my right to speak the truth but it is my responsibility. Omitting the truth is a lie also. Concealing a lie and covering things up is a conspiracy. Of which I am both guilty and responsible. As a watchman on the wall I am called to point out pitfalls to my brethren so they do not fall into the trap. When i see danger approaching i am to warn them and to try to keep them from harm. Ezekiel …. I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 19Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 20Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand. 21Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. Now then some will hear and some will not. If I see my sister in the Lord sitting under a false teacher should i just keep my mouth shut? Or should i speak the truth even if it is painful, or even if it will cost me my friendship with her? Mathew 7;15 .Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.” And the word beware means all of us should be alert, but especially shepherds, to identify not just false teaching, but false teachers, whose ways are subtle. They’re clothing themselves with lamb’s wool while they’re wolves. Paul clearly pints out by name the false teachers of his time. Acts 20:28 warns us to be aware. 2ndTim
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
Paul pointed out by name the ones that were perverting the Gospel. We need not be afraid to speak the truth no matter what the cost. We may loose family and friends and perhaps everything for the sake of the truth. To whom much is given much is required. I came out of the Word of Faith movement. People who taught me believed that they could command God simply by speaking his words back to him, or claiming what they wanted Him to do in the name of Jesus. And if it didn’t work , then you simply didn’t have enough faith to see it through. Many are devastated and fall away from the faith because they have been led into False doctrine by men who are called by Satan Him self to infiltrate the church. Also by men who have simply believed a doctrine that was taught to them but they them selves never verified it by the Word of God . They twist the Word of God and hide behind cherry picked scriptures to protect them selves their own agendas or the Doctrines of Devils they inherited from some other false teacher. A prime example is the Manifest sons of God teachings. Today we have a number of people in the Third Wave who are driven by dreams, visions, special secret knowledge (Gnosticism) and contact with dead people who claim to have powers, such as knocking people backwards and healing. They claim they can summon the power by their own will. They even claim they can create reality by their words, which is a major tenet of witchcraft, but also a major idea in Word-Faith. In the mid-1940’s, the enthusiasm and fire of the Pentecostal revival that started at Azusa Street was waning, and people were looking for another move of the spirit, and wanted signs and wonders. (In) 1907-1910 David Wesley Myland began teaching the rudimentary concepts regarding the Latter Rain. (In) 1947 William Branham, Hunt and George Hawtin begin to teach New Order of the Latter Rain codify teachings into doctrines. The movement is based upon William Branham, and therefore his theology formed the basis for the Latter Rain theology. He was seen as the “prophet” (Elijah) of the movement. Latter Rain doctrines caused division in traditional Pentecostal churches. They led to the condemnation of the ‘The New Order of the Latter Rain’ by the Assemblies of God in their general council in 1949. After this action, many Assembly ministers resigned or were excommunicated for their involvement and formed independent Latter Rain churches. Most of these churches were small. Their evolving doctrines became increasingly heretical and, many degenerated into clearly definable cults. (Church of the Living Word, The Body, House of Prayer, etc.) Some of those who kept the Latter Rain teachings alive from that time and are a big influence in the new Latter Rain Third Wave are Bill Hamon and Paul Cain.
In 1949 at the General Council of the Assemblies of God held in Seattle, the Council overwhelmingly approved a resolution that was prepared by a committee that dealt with the Latter Rain Movement. The resolution adopted disapproved of the following practices of the Latter Rain, and the action was made necessary as a result of the movement invading the Assembly of God churches:
- The overemphasis relative to imparting, identifying, bestowing, or confirming of gifts by the laying on of hands and prophecy.
2. The erroneous teaching that the Church is built on the foundation of present-day apostles and prophets.
3. The extreme teaching as advocated by the “New Order,” regarding the confession of sin to man and deliverance as practiced, which claims prerogatives to human agency which belongs only to Christ.
4. The erroneous teaching concerning the impartation of the gift of languages as special equipment for missionary service. (Interestingly this is the only tenet no longer being promoted. Why? Because it didn’t work the way it was advertised.)
5. The extreme and unscriptural practice of imparting or imposing personal leadings by the means of the gifts of utterance.
6. Such other wrestlings and distortions of scripture interpretations which are in opposition to teachings and practices generally accepted among us.
The Latter Rain featured individuals with “oil in the hands”; congregational singing of “the song of the Lord” singing in the Spirit; the emphasis on “God is doing a new thing”; the manifested sons of God teaching; the placing of experience over exposition; the branding of those who denounced the movement; getting away from what the church had been.
The Latter Rain has now become almost totally mixed together with doctrines of the Manifest Sons Of God movement. Here is a quick understanding of this heresy which is also a big influence on the Third Wave:
Kingdom Theology (combined) with the Manifest Sons of God doctrine (believes in) the ongoing incarnation of God and (that) believers are “little gods” exercising autonomous sovereignty within their spheres of dominion. As this is perhaps the most objectionable and controversial aspect of Bishop Earl Paulk’s teachings, it deserves special attention. (A Critique of “Kingdom Theology” By Earl Paulk by Robert M. Bowman, Jr., with Craig S. Hawkins and Dan R. Schlesinger, 1988, http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/cri/cri-jrnl/web/crj0022a.html) More on the manifest sons of God…. heretical teachings…
Manifest Sons Of God teachings were as follows:
– A New Form and Standard for Christianity is emerging. It will change our entire understanding of what Christianity is. In 20 years it will be entirely different. Change will be so dramatic, the Christian church as we know it will oppose it. The change will come from outside the church.
– Rapture is for the “wicked” (Not of the saved!).
– God is to be revealed when he takes his throne in the temple.
– Christians cannot be deceived.
– City Churches: One church leadership per city. Other churches are to join the under the apostolic authority of one man or group of men and transfer membership to them (or associated churches in other cities), and ultimately close down their churches).
– Joel’s Army/Kingdom Now/Dominion theology: the church is to conquer and subdue the earth in order to bring in the millennium.
– New Breed/manifest Son’s of God: We will be perfected into our glorified bodies prior to Christ’s return. This will allow us to subdue the earth.
– The restoration of “the fivefold ministry” as enumerated in Ephesians 4:11, with particular emphasis on the offices of apostle and prophet. (Branham was widely touted as the prophet Elijah reborn).
– Christians become “gods”. We have the “divine” nature.
– Christ comes into us as a “seed” and grows into a “prophet”. Christ therefore returns “within us”.
– Jesus was sent as a “pattern” for the corporate church (Corporate church in this context means that the church becomes Christ. Christ is not complete without us because he is the head and we are the body).
– The current churches have the spirit of “Antichrist”. Mysticism has entered into the church and is being taught by my former teachers and associates. Mystical Eastern Religion – New Age
Mystical Eastern religions have been around since the time of the tower of Babel, when the peoples who dispersed toward the East took their gods and religions with them.
1 : the experience of mystical union or direct communion with ultimate reality
2 : the belief that direct knowledge of God, spiritual truth, or ultimate reality can be attained through subjective experience (as intuition or insight) and the possibility of direct and intuitive acquisition of ineffable knowledge or power
“Mysticism in which knowledge of the true self and the true secret doctrines is attained by a mystical experience of the divine.” (Webster’s Dictionary)
The point is that eastern mystical religion does not believe in objective truth, but in that truth can only be had through experiences.
Examples of mystical rites:
– Catholic mysticism, with trances states, levitation and visions of angels
– New Age and eastern mysticism, meditation, trances, sleep and sensory deprivation, etc
– Yoga, chanting, dancing, – tribal rites
– Rock music, other forms of trance-inducing music, disco-dancing, head-banging, shaking, whirling dervishes
– Drugs, especially hallucinogenic drugs such as LSD
– Apparitions, visions, encounters with aliens from UFO’s
– Prolonged fasting and prayer, with meditation (Tricia Tillin, THE NEW THING – Part One. Global Revival as the Key Element In Deception in Twentieth Century Pentecostalism, 1997, http://www.banner.org.uk/res/newthing_cont.html )
So you can see all the influences from Eastern Mysticism in the Third Wave. And finally , Last but not least of all Gnosticism
GNOSIS is a Greek work that means knowledge, in particular, “Revelation knowledge”, hidden truths that are revealed supernaturally to the initiate. The Gnostics of old had certain central beliefs and these are now coming to the surface again today.”
The “Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church” defines gnosticism thus:
A religious movement in which central importance was attached to the gnosis, or revelation knowledge, of God and of the origin and destiny of mankind. The source of this special gnosis or knowledge was held to be either the Apostles from whom it was derived by a secret tradition, or by a direct revelation.”
The goal was to attain self-awareness as a spiritual being, and god-consciousness. The true world is spirit, and the material realm is a snare from which we must escape. All men possess a divine spark, a part of the divine being, which fell from the transcendent realm into the material universe, and was imprisoned in human bodies. Reawakened by knowledge, the divine element in humanity can return to its proper home in the transcendent spiritual realm. Gnostics knew nothing of the redemption of the body. Their hope was in the transformation of the soul! Characteristic of the gnostic teaching was that the material creation was antagonistic to what is truly spiritual, but that each man had a spark or seed of the divine substance within (Pelegianism). Through the secret doctrines and the rites associated with them, this divine spark might be rescued from its evil material environment and be reunited with the divine.
– Hymns and magic formulas were recited to help achieve a vision of God.
– Wine and drugs were used to open up the mind to the spirit realm.
Here’s how Christian Gnostics explained the phenomenon of Jesus Christ:
The “christ spirit” simply inhabited the body of the man Jesus. The christ spirit had come to teach man the gnosis whereby he could free himself from bondage to the evil material world. Some even taught that Jesus did not actually have a body of flesh, but was pure spirit. Thus the ideas of physical death and resurrection were denied by the gnostics.
How did so-called “christian” Gnostics deal with scripture, and the reality of God Almighty?
– Gnostics rejected the literal and traditional interpretations of the Gospels
– Gnostics rejected the God of the Old Testament as a despot trying to keep us in bondage to this world.
– The Creator God, to the Gnostics, was not the Supreme Being, but a secondary being who had fallen from the pure spiritual realm of the Supreme Being. This creator god (the demiurge, or craftsman) was the architect of the universe but his mistake was to imprison men in earth-bound bodies and apply to them the bondage of Law (Very similar to Word-Faith teachings). Gnostics sought to escape, through superior wisdom, the rule of this god, and rise to spiritual intimacy with the Supreme Being, the centre of all being. Thus, they did not accept the Law of God. They were in essence lawlesss. (Tricia Tillin, THE NEW THING – Part One. Global Revival as the Key Element In Deception in Twentieth Century Pentecostalism, 1997, http://www.banner.org.uk/res/newthing_cont.html ) If you teacher is teaching any thing like these heretical doctrines run away as fast as you can. All this information is here for you to see for your selves. http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/thirdwaveteachings.html ATC. Use the Bible to confirm the scriptures given ask the Holly spirit to lead you into All Truth, don’t take my word for it. Do your Diligence. Thank you for your willingness to seek out the Truth in the Name of Jesus Christ . Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life. The truth will make you free. God bless all . Pastor Scott ehm, Begotten son ministries.